Code Of Conduct
Association of British Investigators
With origins dating back to 1913, the Association of British Investigators is now recognised as the premiere professional body for private investigators working in the United Kingdom. Throughout its long history, the Association has worked hard to improve the standing and reputation of the investigative professional.
With company personnel holding membership of the Association of British Investigators, Apex International operates within the Association code of ethics.
Code of ethics
- To perform all professional duties in accordance with the highest moral principles and never be guilty of conduct which will bring reproach upon the profession of the private investigator and The Association of British Investigators.
- To verify the credentials of clients and that they have lawful and moral reasons to instruct an investigation.
- To respect the privacy of clients and their lawful confidence.
- To ensure that services are adequately secure to protect privacy and to guard against inadvertent disclosure of private information.
- To ensure that all employees and other persons paid to assist an investigation adhere to this Code of Ethics and to accept responsibility thereof.
- To conduct all investigations within the bounds of legality, morality and professional ethics.
- To respect the best interest of our clients by maintaining the high standard of proficiency and reporting to our clients all the facts ascertained whether they be advantageous or detrimental, and nothing be withheld from the clients save by the dictates of law.
- To work together with all members of our Association towards the achievement of the highest professional objectives of the Association and to observe the precepts of truth, accuracy and prudence.